Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Urban Vignette #45-A.

Having suffered some memory damage due to a severely dehydrated brain, I just recalled a strange thing that happened on my way to getting hammered with the illustrious Sheena last night. Two guys in a white Cherokee pulled up to the curb beside me as I walked up the street and said "Hey dude. Do you want a home theatre system?" I said "what?". The guy reiterates his generous offer and points to the back of the truck. I said, "uh, no I'm good". Dude tried harder. He says "seriously dude, do you want this home theatre system? We just scored it from work".

WTF? Brilliance seems to know no bounds in the city I love.


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sheena said...

Your walk home sounded more fun than mine.

3:46 PM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger K-Dough said...

actually- that was on the way there. I stopped for a night cap after you left. ugh.

4:07 PM, September 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where you in Toronto or Oshawa,
K-dough??? That sounds like a "Shwa" story to me. Dirty guys driving around in beaten up old vans selling stolen merch??? Total Oshawa.......

4:22 PM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger K-Dough said...

LOL. Def sounds like a dirty Shwa story doesn't it?

4:25 PM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Sheena said...

Coulda been Trashcona, too you know.

5:11 PM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Leatherhands said...

When I worked in Etobicoke, the same guy was at the gas station I always went to for years selling speakers out of his van. Every fucking time I went there."hey man, great deal on speakers." one day I finally asked him "what kind of speakers? Car? Home? Bookshelf? Floor?" He said "how the fuck should I know?"

11:20 AM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger Sheena said...

Ever buy a roast beef in a pub that buddy had stuffed down his pants? I rest my case.

6:13 PM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger dog gone it said...

K-Dough,
Get this: I once purchased a 100' garden hose from a roadside-pickup-truck guy, and it has worked well for years.
Weird, eh?

FB- good times man, good times.

11:28 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

There's a white van that does this in Barrie. Same guys for years. After the 3'd or 4th time, I called the police. (Hey, if somebody'd swiped my stereo, I'd want to nail the bastards.)

Police laughed. "Yep, we know them. And, believe it or not, they're legit."

Just low-quality/damaged/returned merch, I guess...

4:43 PM, September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home