Thursday, July 19, 2007

Political Stereotypes

This morning, as we discussed our experiences in drinking with politicos of differing stripes, a friend passed along an anecdote from the Hill in Ottawa. He mentioned that his friend, who worked as an EA to a Canadian Senator, espoused a typology that said: Tories get drunk, Liberals get laid and Dippers get stoned.

Priding myself on my ongoing earnest attempts at non-partisan (omni-partisan?) analysis of public policy and issues, dude's rubric puzzled me a bit. I asked "So, if these things are true, what does that make me?". He replied "It makes you an opened-minded guy who transcends party lines." "Thanks for the flattery", I said, "but, by extension, doesn't that just make me a drunken Philanderer who likes to get high once in a while?".

Hat tip to Otto V.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do Greens get?

10:34 AM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger K-Dough said...

unfortunately, the shaft.

10:57 AM, July 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greens are only Tories (who've had too much to drink) the next morning.

trxzkay

8:22 AM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Rev.Paperboy said...

"doesn't that just make me a drunken Philanderer who likes to get high once in a while?"

You say that like it's a bad thing.

5:14 AM, July 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home