Monday, January 29, 2007

Top Ten '80s Euro-Metal Records

And now, the next in my series of completely selfish, pointless lists of metallic memories. These are examples of virtuoso-level Euro melodic metal goodness. Anyone with an appreciation of the difficulty in perfoming acrobatic musicianship will definitely appreciate these masterpieces. These are some of the fucking heaviest guitar and vocal records of all time to me. If you haven't heard 'em you really should!
  1. Alcatrazz - No Parole From Rock 'n Roll
  2. Gary Moore - Dirty Fingers
  3. Michael Schenker Group - Assault Attack
  4. Ronnie James Dio - Last in Line
  5. Rainbow- Straight Between The Eyes
  6. Yngwie Malmsteen - Marching Out
  7. Scorpions - Blackout
  8. Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
  9. Michael Schenker Group- Built to Destroy
  10. Alcatrazz - Disturbing the Peace

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At last, a topic we can all agree on!!! There's a little metal in everyone. Some more than others, but 80's metal has a place in all our hearts. Dio and Maiden are tough to beat. Those looking for a heavy metal fix can check out Dio reuniting with Black Sabbath at the Air Canada Centre on March 22. They'll be performing the classic "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" albums. Tix are only $60!!! Great Value!!! What more could a music fan ask for???

9:33 AM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger K-Dough said...

When I get in to the classic 70s metal records I will definitely be including some Lizzy.

9:38 AM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Forever Blue- Hmmmmmmmmmm. Who else is playing?

I saw Dio, Priest and Motorhead a couple years back (you were there, yes?). I don't think I have ever heard a guy (Dio)- esp at that age- sing such difficult stuff so perfectly live ever. Well, maybe Klaus. Dickinson, Coverdale - even Halford- usually duck notes and don't sound half as good as they did on vinyl live.

He is goofy looking and his lyrics have alway sucked shit but damn that little medieval elf can chirp.

9:48 AM, January 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True K-Dough, the little man still has a big voice. I thought he sounded great at the Maiden, Dio, Motorhead concert (of course I was there!!!). For the upcoming Sabbath show, Megadeth is opening. As well, they're calling the band "Heaven and Hell", not Sabbath. I'm looking forward to "Die Young" and "Children of the Sea".

10:46 AM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger K-Dough said...

So are Tony Iommi and Geezer playing?

10:54 AM, January 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's Tony, Geezer and Vinny Appice on drums. I thought Dio did a great job when he did "Heaven and Hell" at the Maiden / Dio concert. Looking forward to hearing a lot more like that.

METAL RULES!!!

1:36 PM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger Smenita said...

I can't take this list seriously because you don't have Ricky Martin there.

Oh, okay so you like some old devil satan music, fine, but then why you not put Rick Springfield on the list??? I heard of Scorpion because my boyfriend plays it while he does stuff to me, but those other bands must suck cause nobody heard of them.

2:40 PM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Smenita- I was at the pet store looking at newts this weekend, and I think I found your other chromosome..

3:18 PM, January 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home