Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Burning in Helltario

I caught an Environment Canada weather dude on TV the other day responding to call-in questions about climate change and the reason why the country is currently experiencing a Bizarro December. Brollys are getting bent and shovels bowed in BC and AB, while Toronto and Ottawa are virtually baking in spring fever. As the calls rolled in, weather dude tried to explain to panicked shorts-wearing revelationists that the warmer weather is not signalling the fiery end of the world as we know it.

Listening to the questions it became apparent that public fear is palpable here right now. Ski hills in Ontario are already lamenting the effect no snow has had on operations. People are wondering if global warming has finally switched off the snow lever for good. Is Southern Ontario turning into the Hades that Westerners have always known lay under the thin surface of it's magma-encrusted reality?

Well, thank god for public servants. Mr. Enviro-Canada did a most excellent job explaining that what you see when you look outside is weather, not climate. l couldn't help but wonder, as I sipped a Margarita on my front porch in my bath robe this morning and listened to the song birds, if somewhere, off camera, Stockwell Day stood glaring at the man, holding cue cards as the federal messaging police trained laser-sighted rifles on weather dude's crotch as Rona slithered, writhed and danced behind him, all oiled up in a G-String in a taunting manner.

(Alright. I know what you are thinking: What does Rona have to do with the context of the vision? Absolutely nothing, apart from the fact that environment is her portfolio. I just like the Neo-kons Gone Wild aspect of the fantasy!) What was I saying?

Weather? Climate? I'm confused. Oh well, either way, it's damn good bike ridin' weather out here in Helltario!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Leatherhands said...

I distinctly remember riding my bike (and smoking joints....nothing like high-tailing it through nature whilst in a green butt-haze) through the lower Don Valley trail with my best buddy in late December many years back. Not a spot of snow in sight. (Or...was that yesterday...)
I also remember more than one childhood Christmas accompanied by rain. Shit happens.
However, when a tornado ripped through Newmarket last year, and we had a freak flash flood in September that overwhelmed the sewage systems...well, that's probably a sign of things to come people.

9:18 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Leatherhands said...

Oh yeah K-Man, about the Rona fixation...clearly you've let your job and day-to-day responsibilities replace the left-handed maintenance plan. You have to focus. Self control. Ahhh fuck, Rona in a G-string...gotta go...

9:36 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Leatherhands said...

Ouch, Pammie. I almost ruined my new goalie pads by using them out on the street in the pouring rain. Horrible childhood trauma. To this day, seeing goalie pads gives me a stomach cramp.

9:57 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Pam- take that stuff back and buy him a lawn mower! Outdoor fun for the Christmas season!

9:59 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

I remember the day the kids in the block asked me if I had any pads- boy were they sorry (and scarred for life).

10:01 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger pam said...

LOL! A lawnmower! What fun. We also have a backyard "rink", nets, and sad, unused goalie pads. We need some cold weather and snow. I don't remember a green Christmas as a kid.
K- Is Rona the new Mitsou? Have you moved on? Is it really Bye Bye Mon Cowboy??

10:31 AM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing fun about this weather. It is supposed to snow in winter so winter freaks like me can go and have fun like skating, skiing, snow fights, making snowman. Now how am I going to explain weather or climate to the kid in me? Well, I guess I should start knitting except I don;t know how and I don't have any knitting material. That is it, I am going to shop for knitting material.

11:23 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Joanne- look on the bright side- there are many other wonderful activities you could be partaking in right now; biking, drinking, rollerblading, drinking, sex, drinking, bikinmg,.k drinkingggg, sexx, burp, drink,,bvladi8nging,,, jhgfyflf.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12:54 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger pam said...

Yes, there is always the multi-seanson sport of Drunken Sex. I,for one, love a drunken grope. Very sexy and romantic. Burp.

1:03 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Tarkwell Robotico said...

nothing beats drunken sex. you guzzle a gallon, get all randy, find a corner in the dark of your basement and let loose until your done or your wife calls down asking what you are doing.

1:22 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

CC: lollllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!

1:44 PM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot K-dough. The idea of Rona-What's-Global-Warming Ambrose oiled up wearing a G-string is just about the last image that I needed after the day I've had. Christ, I'll probably have nightmares! I think I need to go and watch the new James Bond movie again.

8:43 PM, December 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, re telling the 11-year old: there's always that old adage: be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

8:44 PM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home