Sunday, June 25, 2006

PRIDE Queerics

In honour of PRIDE week, I've put together a few of my fave classic queerics. Can you name the song and band? (No googling cheaters! And pls., only one answer per comment.):

1. "This is not a locker room. And that's a surfboard not a yacht."
2. "Eat meat on friday that's alright. Even like steak on a Saturday night. I can bitch the best at your social dos. I get high in the evening sniffing pots of glue."
3. "Pushed around and kicked around. Always a lonely boy. You were the one that they'd talk about around town. As they put you down."
4. "Beauty's where you find it, not just where you bump and grind it".
5."Dear Mummy, Dear Daddy: Now I'm nineteen as you see. I'm handsome, tall, and strong. So what the hell gives you the right to look at me, as if to say "Hell, what went wrong?"
6. If you like adventure, don't you wait to enter, the recruiting office fast. Don't you hesitate. There is no need to wait. They're signing up new seamen fast!"
7. "What's the principal doing with her? Who's the guy? Is he screwing with her? What's her perfume? Tigress by Faberge. It make me cream my jeans when she come my way."
8. "If I, I get to know your name, well I, could trace your private number, baby."
9. "We want lovin', we want laughter again. We want heartbeat, we want madness to end. We want dancin', we wanna run in the streets. We want freedom, to live in this peace."
10. "Sometimes the clothes, do not make the man."

Bone-us question: "Bound to deliver as you give and I collect. Squealing impassioned as the rod of steel injects. Lunge to the maximum, spread-eagled to the wall. You're well equipped to take it all !!!"


Happy PRIDE kiddies, K

Labels: , ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Andrew W. said...

The only one I know for sure is 9 -"Rise up" by Parachute Club!

Could you get a more 1980's coming out of the closet in the summer in Toronto song?

10:43 AM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've got me stumped on most of them but #10 is Freedom by George Michael...

10:47 AM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't do very well..#7 is Carole Pope "High School Confidential" and I remember the first time I heard it, and I was in high school at the time and thought "hmmm, interesting"..

10:57 AM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#8 is by Dead or Alive and the song is :you spin me around.

11:01 AM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4 is by Madonna from the album "I am breathless" and the song is "vogue".
Those are the only songs I know.

11:04 AM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr.Dawg said...

The only one I got was Small Town Boy by the Bronski Beat. I'm obviously pop-illiterate, at least today.

(That was a hell of a haunting song, btw, but I can't spearate the song itself from the video.)

12:22 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

The song was very poignant and sad (unfortunately, so were their careers after that hit.)

1:21 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Right you are J-Dog ....correct about the Village People as well- even though you violated the rules. Now what was the song title?

1:27 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

OK- so #1, #5 and the BONE-US question are still stumping you (forgive the pun!)

Where is Leather when you need him eh?

1:32 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Reg- Indeed, it is. Which song though?

2:03 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Leatherhands said...

Mimi on the Beach!!

2:12 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Leatherhands said...

Just a wild guess on the Bone-us...is it Frankie Goes to Hollywood?

2:13 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Mimi is correct!!!!!!!!
I love Sibbery- very underrated and underheard. Ingrid and the Footman was a great tune!

Leather- not Frankie.

So, only the Bone-Us tune remains. It'll take a metal head to crack it though. I'll try to think of a few other quotes from this performer(s)to give you some clues. Hold up...

2:23 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

And no GOOGLING!

2:24 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Sorry: Number 5 is still unidentified as well.

2:25 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Another clue re: bone-us Q:

"Sin after sin, I have endured.
Yet the wounds I bear, are the wounds of love..."

3:43 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

and one more:

"Fall to your knees and repent if you please"

3:54 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

and yet another:

We turn and face each other
My fingers pull your hair
You wince and jerk my wrist off
I bite my lip and stare
Your stance at once defiant
I'm rigid to your pose
You clench your teeth in anger
My loving swells and grows

4:13 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

It is Priest. I'll leave y'all hanging though and see if, over the weekend, some lost headbanger stumbles across my PRIDE post and chimes in.

Me, I'm off to the glorious sands of Wasaga for a weekend of much needed chilling at the end of a fucking crazy week.

Cheers!!!

United, united, united we stand
United we never shall fall!

4:53 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Havril said...

Havril- PRIDE is about tolerance and acceptance (and booze and sex). Take the agression down a notch. Do you need a hug?

Right. Sorry about that. It was a backlash against this happiest day of the year nonsense, not PRIDE.

6:21 PM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't the happiest day of the year for me, that's for sure. Things got much better after a few glasses of wine.

K-dough's in a good mood because he's off with his thong to Wasaga for the weekend.

Go, Thong Man!

9:47 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Havril said...

The prospect of thonged lounging may put k-dough in a good mood, Pam, but how do the Wasaga locals feel about it?

10:11 PM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nervous?

5:48 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger Tarkwell Robotico said...

K-Dough is a trickster. No. 5, of course, is a translation from the semi-autobiographical opera from Wagner, Der Liedermeister.

The proper german, though, would have that last word translated as "queer" and not "wrong".

1:13 PM, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Why don't you add Adverts to your blog and make money. Check out the website from Crisp Ads at:

Join the CrispAds Blog Advertising Network!

4:19 AM, July 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

7:31 AM, July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home