Monday, June 19, 2006

Shameless Flogging

I have no shame or scruples. In fact, I don't even know what scruples are. All I know is that you need to check out this site and help my friends choose their first radio single, which will be released very, very soon. My friends' names are Mike Turner (ex-OLP) and Pete Lesperance (Harem Scarem). Their band is called Fair Ground. You will be hearing a lot about them very soon.

What this whole project amounts to is a democratization of the music industry decision-making process. In my books, that is cool shit. Who needs stuffed shirts to tell you what you should be listening to?

Check out the tunes. If you don't like them, don't vote. Simple as that. The response to date has been phenomenal. Already, thousands have surfed on in to check out the blog and tunes. Media have talked about it. Be all that you can be.

So, get up out of that saggy chair and...no wait- stay on that chair because it's really hard to click when you stand up. Call your Mom and say "hey, come on over Mom. Let's have a shot of Jagermeister and vote for a Fair Ground tune. We don't spend enough quality time together." Take your wireless lap top out into your empty in-ground pool. Smoke a joint. Take off your pants. Put on oven mitts and work boots, paint your face orange and vote. Often. Vote like your life depends on it. Vote like you really have to pee. What-the-fuck-ever.

Please? I love you. No really. I do.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

He really does love you ...all.
he told me.

P

5:00 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

In as many positions as humanly possible!

Yeeehawwwww!

5:02 PM, June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why doesn't FairGround play reggae? I hear Master T is around.

5:27 PM, June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, we all love you too, K, you little blog ho.

You love us because we give you good, steady blogging. Or are we kinda watching you blog? I don't know. Either way works for me.

By the way, when are we going to hear this single on the radio? Are you going to give us a little peak and let us know which track won?Hmm??

7:01 PM, June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're really going to regret the fact that you guilted me...someone who thought Ah-Ha's Take On Me was just just the coolest song evar!!1!...into voting.

Live with that.

3:18 PM, June 17, 2006  
Blogger Leatherhands said...

Had any of my old bands had a manager with half your tenacity, I would still be out there doing it full time. Guaranteed.
I guess that was the missing element....someone who actually appreciates good music. D-u-u-hh.
(BTW, I've voted twice...accidentally...I'm afraid that multiple votes from the same person might screw up the whole integrity of the equation....I can't sleep now..)

8:45 AM, June 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home