Thursday, September 28, 2006

Public Notice: I'm Very Busy

Yeah, I know- like we all aren't. But I thought I would let you know I'm not dead, incarcerated, keyboard shy or spending the week at that Zen retreat that I never have time even to look in to. And sorry for ending that sentence with a preposition and starting this one with "and". I know the editors among you will be shaking your heads and adjusting your spectacles at this very moment.

In lieu of any new, fresh post today, I will leave you with this - one of my various and numerous ruminations, which has been digitally preserved for just such an occassion:

We are constantly hearing about about reducing or ameliorating the negative effects of smoking, cancer and heart disease on our economy. I wonder if anyone has studied what effect it would have on our economy if people stopped dying of those things? Think about it. Unemployment would increase exponentially. Pension payouts would cripple corporations and industry. Renewable resources would be outstripped. Doctors, nurse and surgeons would be jobless. Stupid, fat, lazy people would be living far longer. Cats would be sleeping with dogs. Darwin would roll over in his grave. Total chaos would engulf the natural order.

Please discuss.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sheena said...

Hard livin' is a natural vaccine. The non-smoking, no-drinking, organic-mulch chewing people I know are always getting more colds than me. One whiff of a bit of disease or poison and they fold.

1:47 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

I remember watching an episode of Emegency in the ER where a trauma doc said the more tatoos a patient has the harder it is to kill him...I'm working toward immortality myself.

2:06 PM, September 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I worked in more of a clinical setting, the staff would have fun playing "guess that patient's age". It was incredible how the overweight, smoking bingo-players aged. We often saw 35 year olds that could have easily passed for 55, and healthy 90 year olds that were as sharp as tacks. My theory is the healthy ones are well preserved (pickled) in booze.

2:25 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Sheena said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........... swoon.
I've loved Johnny Gage since I was in elementary school. Those brown eyes make me totally ringers lactate.

2:55 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

No no no Sheena- that was Emergency... Squad 51! I loved tht as a kid as well.

I'm talking about that TLC real-life blood and guts show.

3:20 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Splints and percodans- reminds me of my last date. Mmmmmm.

3:52 PM, September 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My greatest fear is that I will die of boredom. I had a very close call at a noon meeting today.

9:12 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger scout said...

us smokers are choosing how we'll die. it's nice to know beforehand.

12:02 AM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger Candace said...

I'm with scout.

In fact, as a mother, I want to choose why my kid spends time & cash on some shrink's couch as an adult, it's only fair.

2:13 AM, September 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home