Friday, August 18, 2006

38 Years of Hard Core Rebellion

When I was a kid I was one crazy mofo. I did anything on a dare. I drank excessively, swallowed handfuls of illicit drugs, partook in large quantities of promiscuous sex and was completely disrespectful of any kind of authority or convention. I lived fast and loud and said F-U to anyone who had a problem with it.

This morning something hit me. I was getting dressed and realized the extent of my rebellion these days is sadly illustrated by the following anecdote: I recently bought 7 pairs of socks - each pair embroidered with the name of the day of the week on them. But I'm no plastic follower. No way. Not only do I not wear them on the proper corresponding day, but I never wear a matching set. So, today kids, for my feet at least, it's fuckin' Wednesday AND Saturday. Yeah baby, screw the system! Down with the man! Rock hard- ride free!

Happy weekend freaks.

K

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just livin' on the edge, K-dough. You're wild. I can't stand it.

1:17 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Joe Calgary said...

Yer ma hiero K-doe... if I grow up, I want to be jus' like you.

1:26 PM, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like to stand on my couch

1:28 PM, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geesh, that IS very tame. It's a scary thought but in my older age i may actually be more of a rebel than you?

2:35 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

Dharma- Hmmm stand on the couch eh? Let's just leave it at this:
My couch is currently in long-term psychotherapy.

2:36 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

GITFR: It's unthinkable. Prove it. I need some messy details!!!

2:38 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger bigcitylib said...

I had a youth very much like yours, K-Dough (although I could have used more promiscuous sex). But now I wear those socks cuz if you just take your shoes off you can figure out what day it is.

3:04 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Sheena said...

You should start a SOX committee, K-dough.

10:50 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger scout said...

come on, confess it all, i heard you don't wash them.

2:12 AM, August 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K-D.

That's pathetic. Challenging the days of the week is wrong - God made them for a reason. Rebellion gets you nothing but a bad reputation.

5:15 PM, August 19, 2006  
Blogger Havril said...

But do either of your socks match your day-of-the-week panties? Just checking. Well, asking.

2:10 PM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home