Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bloggers/Pundits Ignore Canada's Democratic Crisis

Why is no one talking about the state of our country right now? Why, when I visit blogs and read newspapers, are people constantly spinning circles of partisan shit and assassinating each other's characters like snotty-nosed playgound children? The frantic Conservative-fan panic going on because of Harper's Cabinet choices is similar to the way every October, Leaf fans are heard swearing their faces off on the subway saying "they'll never make the playoffs" after 2 or 3 losses. Capable Liberals who should be fighting to seize the reigns of their party's destiny are saying "oh, pooh. Public life is too much work. I think I'll play golf instead".Why? Why? Why?

Oh, oh! I know. This country has its fucking head up its ass. The problem that I see with our democracy right now is the way political parties - like the insatiable, dim-witted dark-eyed sharks that they are- exist only to hunt and then consume power. As soon as an election is over, election mode starts again. How the hell is any policy that has true conviction or critical value behind it ever supposed to be implemented when the attention of the ruling party is constantly dominated on concensus or polling? It's all about sales (read: communications). I believe style has finally completely triumphed over substance.

We are in the midst of a democratic crisis and the people who should have the most intelligent things to say are fighting like babies in sandboxes. Of course, while the rest of the country (40 odd percentage who couldn't get off their fat asses to vote) are completely ignorant.
canada, politics, k-dough, canada, political, liberal, conservative, Harper, Canada, politics, k-dough

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark-Alan Whittle said...

you're absolutely right about one thing K-Dough, the self-rightious indignation is deafening. But shooting inward and dissing your leader because he didn't do this, or that exactly right makes me want to throw up.

The House isn't even sitting yet so if the game hasn't started yet, how can there be any penalties?

Not a single blow has been tossed across the floor for high sticking, nor a 'page' been turned in the House.

11:12 PM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger K-Dough said...

MAW: You said "The House isn't even sitting yet so if the game hasn't started yet, how can there be any penalties?"

But that is exactly my point. Just becaues the refs aren't looking doesn't make it OK to elbow a guy in the head. We need REAL, MEANINGFUL democratic reforms to stop these kinds of shenanigans in the first place...

7:25 AM, February 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear K-Dough,

Thank you for raising this important issue with me.

I appreciate your concerns. With respect to pounding sand up my ass, no thank you. I am not sure what that even means, anyway.

The name HomoSuperior, as you can probably tell, is a clever play on two things: 1) the fact I am a proudly gay man; and, 2) the X-men were my favourite comic books when I was a young gay child. The X-men were mutants (and, as such, outsiders), who were identified as a new "species" of man, with the genus (I hope genus is the correct category here), homo superior.

So you see, I am not only witty and clever, but well read to boot. Ain't I a catch?

Thanks again for sharing your views with me, etc. I appreciate this opportunity to ignore you in the future.
Yours truly,
HomoSuperior

9:03 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger Saskboy said...

"I believe style has finally completely triumphed over substance."

Hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, like in politics, it doesn't seem to matter if you drive the nail home, so long as you are seen swinging the hammer.

12:49 PM, December 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Recall for contact lens solutions Wedding invitations spiritual jamiroquai just dance Small+perky+breasts +gallery Orchard bank online payment Hummer h2 turbo Happens body quit smoking Face john kerry lift Quit smoking aculaser white rock bc canada Air berlin tickets bei penny strong celebrex b php

6:03 PM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home